What are open pores?
Skin, the largest organ of the body, contains millions of little holes called pores. Each pore opens to an oil gland, called the sebaceous gland, which produces a form of oil called sebum. Sebum protects the skin from microorganisms. Pores are the openings or ducts of the sebaceous glands that allow them to secrete the oil that makes up the skin’s defense against microorganisms.
What causes enlarged pores?
- Pores appear larger if they are clogged with:
- Excessive sebum oil
- Dead skin cells
- Debris, and;
- Makeup residue
- Sun damage
- Reduction of collagen due to aging
How to prevent enlarged pores?
- Applying sunscreen everyday
- Not exfoliating your face too often
- Hydrating your skin regularly
- Increasing water intake
- Avoiding oil based makeups that clog the pores
- Using mild non-comedogenic face wash
Treating open pores:
Various options singularly or in combination include:
- EnLighten Pico Genesis-FX
- ScarLet RF
- Q-switch Nd:YAG 1064 nm fractional laser
- Chemical peels
- Fillers and PDO threads to stretch the skin and increase collagen production, thereby reducing the size of open pores
Pico Genesis-FX uses ultra-short ‘photoacoustic’ fractionated pulses to remodel and renew the skin, shrinking enlarged pore size and improving uneven skin tone and texture.
- Skin becomes healthier and more vibrant
- Clearer skin
- Skin is less prone to acne breakouts
Before & After
Every client reports a huge reduction in open pores. Treatments also result in an overall improvement in the quality of the skin. Skin looks healthier, more vibrant with the production of new collagen.
3 to 5 sessions spaced 2 to 4 weeks apart should provide significant results.
No, most clients are able to take it very well.
Each treatment takes 30minutes to treat most areas of the face.