What is acne?
It is a skin condition which occurs when hair follicles plug with oil and dead skin cells resulting in formation of comedones, papules, pustules, nodules and cysts.
The common symptoms are:
- Whiteheads, which are closed clogged pores
- Blackheads, which are open clogged pores
- Papules, which are red, tender bumps
- Pustules, which contain pus
- Nodules and cystic lesions, which are painful lumps beneath the skin
These can occur on:
What causes acne?
Certain things may trigger or worsen acne. These include:
- Hormonal changes
- Certain medications
How can acne be treated?
Acne is usually best treated by a combination of:
- EnLighten Pico Genesis
- scarLet RF
- ClearSkin (Erbium Glass 1540mm)
- Chemical peels
- Medical microdermabrasions
- Serum infusions
Topical cleansers, exfoliants and serums such as:
- Lactic acid
- Glycolic acid
- Mandelic acid
- Azelaic acid
Before & After
As Pico Genesis laser operates in ultrashort pulses, it delivers intense energy to remodel the skin’s deeper layer, causing the acne to dry and subside, clearing your skin.